Summer 2019: $5,200 (est.) + $300 deposit = $5,500
The program fee is an estimate pending budgetary approval by the Office of International Education (OIE) and based on an estimate of 20 participants. Fee may be adjusted according to the number of participants, inflation in Argentina, and currency exchange rates. UGA tuition and technology fees are not included. Students who are not students at USG institutions pay an additional $250 fee and a $50 admission fee (but not out-of-state tuition).
The program fee includes:
- access to classroom facilities at the Universidad del Museo Social Argentino (UMSA)
- UGA and Argentine professors
- Access to library, Internet/wi-fi, and UMSA extracurricular activities
- Cell phone (basic cell phone, not a smart phone—sorry!)
- Half-board home stay (breakfast and dinner) with an Argentine family in Buenos Aires
- Excursions in Buenos Aires with transportation
- Tango lessons
- Health Insurance
- Excursion to Puerto Madryn
The program fee does not include:
- Airfare. No airfare included. We do not book group flights.
- Tuition. No tuition included (however, the HOPE scholarship does cover tuition abroad).
FINANCIAL AID: (total cost of attendance sheet)
- Yes, you can use the Zell Miller Scholarship to cover up to $2,838.
- Yes, HOPE can be used to pay for tuition.
- NEW LISTING!!! - Fund for Education Abroad. Application opens
- If you are a Pell Grant recipient, we strongly encourage you to apply for the Gilman International Scholarship. Application deadline: October 2, 2018.
- We encourage students to apply for study abroad scholarships like the one offered by Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honor Society to its members. A number of past winners have participated in our program! Not a member yet? Apply here.
- Apply for a NEW UGA Experiential Learning Scholarship. Application deadline TBA.
- Here are some additional scholarships you should consider:
- Office of International Education General Scholarship (deadline TBA)
- Terry College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship. (Application deadline TBA)
- Modern Languages Scholarship (for language majors)
- Dr. Natalia Gómez Passport Scholarship (students with disabilities)
- Brittany Fox Watts Scholarship (in Sustainability)
- The Department of Romance Languages also has a listing of scholarships. (primarily for language majors)
- OIE also has some important information about Financial Aid.